While the installation is not difficult, it does require that you have some experience in electrical wiring and minor construction techniques. Also, you may have to climb a ladder, so you’ll want to be comfortable working with heights. Most of our customers have successfully installed the satellite system by themselves.
Installation of the system is entirely your responsibility. Guidelines and tips provided on this website are intended to help you achieve a successful installation of your new satellite system. You are advised to consult a professional installer if you need more support.
Professional Installation is recommended if you have difficulty locating and locking on your favorite satellite. After you have purchased the satellite system, you may contact a professional to install the system for you. There is a fee for installation. You can also look in the local yellow pages under “satellites” for local installers in your area.
When hiring an installer, make sure of the following:
- The installer is familiar with the brand and function of the system you want to install.
- The installer is familiar with the satellite (i.e. Galaxy 19, Galaxy 10R, etc) you are trying to receive signal from.
- Ask the installer if he has experience with stationary or motorized dish installation (if you are buying a motorized package)
- Always ask about installer references and check with their references prior to hiring the installer.
- The installer has the correct dish Azimuth and Elevation for your location.
- Print the “Quick Setup Guide” for your receiver and hand it to your installer.
- You should make the installation service fee contingent upon completing a successful installation.
Search in your local yellow pages or the online yellow pages under “Satellites” for a local installer:
General Informational and Instructional Links:
- What satellite TV system I can use to view the free to air FTA channels?
- All FTA Ku-band channels in English available in USA
- Free To Air Satellite TV Channels List
- Worldwide Free-To-Air Satellite Channels
- Satellites List North South America Atlantic
- Look-up Latitude and Longitude – USA
- Channels FTA Free To Air Satellite TV
- What is the Satellite Antenna Dish size required or recommended?
- Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule
- Finding a Professional Installer in your area in USA
- General Satellite Dish Antenna Installation Instructions
- Installing a Motorized Satellite System with an HH-Mount Motor, DiSEqC & USALS Compatible Motors