WordPress 5 Cookbook: Actionable solutions to common problems when building websites with WordPress Book Description:
Explore built-in WordPress features and the power of advanced plugins and themes for building modern websites using exciting recipes
- Build custom features and extend built-in features in WordPress with custom coding and plugins
- Get to grips with extending WordPress as an application framework
- Manage non-functional aspects of your website such as security, performance, and maintenance
WordPress has been the most popular content management system (CMS) for many years and is now powering over 30% of all websites globally. With the demand for WordPress development and skilled developers ever-increasing, now is the best time to learn WordPress inside out.
This book starts with simple recipes for configuring WordPress and managing basic platform features. You’ll then move on to explore how to install and customize WordPress plugins, widgets, and themes. The next few chapters cover recipes for content and user-management-related topics such as customizing the content display, working with content types, using the new Gutenberg editor, and customizing editorial workflow for building advanced blogs. As you advance, you’ll learn how to use WordPress as an application framework as well as a platform for building e-commerce sites. This WordPress book will also help you optimize your site to maximize visibility on search engines, add interactivity, and build a user community to make the site profitable. Finally, you’ll learn how to maintain a WordPress site smoothly while taking precautions against possible security threats.
By the end of the book, you’ll have the tools and skills required to build and maintain modern WordPress websites with the latest technologies and be able to find quick solutions to common WordPress problems.
What you will learn
- Install and customize WordPress themes and plugins for building websites
- Develop modern web designs without the need to write any code
- Explore the new Gutenberg content editor introduced in WordPress 5 (Bebo)
- Use the existing WordPress plugins to add custom features and monetize your website
- Improve user interaction and accessibility for your website with simple tricks
- Discover powerful techniques for maintaining and securing your websites
- Extend built-in WordPress features for advanced website management
Who this book is for
This book is for beginners who want to build powerful modern websites with minimum coding knowledge and intermediate web developers who want to extend the basic features of WordPress to cater to advanced modern website technologies. Although prior experience with WordPress is not required, familiarity with basic PHP, HTML, and CSS is necessary to understand the concepts covered.
Table of Contents
- Setting Up WordPress and Customizing Settings
- Customizing Theme Design and Layout
- Using Plugins and Widgets
- Publishing Site Content with the Gutenberg Editor
- Managing Users and Permissions
- Setting up a Blogging and Editorial Workflow
- WordPress as an Application Framework
- Improving Usability and Interactivity
- Building E-Commerce Sites with WooComerce
- Troubleshooting WordPress
- Handling Performance and Maintenance
- Improving Site Security
- Promoting and Monetizing the Site
Publisher:Packt Publishing; Illustrated edition (March 21, 2020)
Item Weight:2.46 pounds
Dimensions:7.5 x 1.49 x 9.25 inches
WordPress 5 Cookbook: Actionable solutions to common problems when building websites with WordPress
(as of Nov 30,2021 00:20:47 UTC )
This post and description may also contain some affiliate links, which means that the post creator may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you click on some of the product links and decide to make a purchase. This channel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
If you find any of your copyrighted material in this post or video, please contact us, so we can resolve the issue.
© All rights reserved by respective owners.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Shipping and Return Policy:
Amazon Books are subject to AMAZON.com Shipping and Return Policy.