USB Boost Voltage Converter is a 15W DC adjustable constant voltage constant current step up/down power supply module with LED digital tube display. It support fast charger for QC2.0, QC3.0, AFC, FCP, SCP fast charge protocol. Display output voltage, output current and output power. Adjustable output voltage and current. Set output current to meet the require. It can be used as ordinary buck power supply module, charger and LED constant current driver. Simple and efficient, practical.
USB Boost Voltage Converter Feature:
- Support fast charger
- Support anti-backflow protection
- Support constant voltage constant current adjust
- LCD HD display
- Four input power modes
- Support over-current protection
- Support over-voltage protection
- Support over power protection
- Support over temperature protection
- Support over current protection
- Support charging mode
- High resolution
- Multiple parameters are displayed simultaneous
- Comfortable outer casing
- Display Input voltage, Output voltage/current/power/capacity statistics.
- Input Voltage for Pads: DC 4 -13.0V(Note: USB input)
- Input Voltage for USB: DC 5.0V
- Output Voltage: DC 1 -30.0V
- Output Current: 2A
- Output Power: 15W(Max)
- Voltage Display Precision: ±0.1V
- Voltage Display Resolution: 0.01V
- Current Display Range: 0~2.2A
- Current Display Precision: ±0.05A
- Current Display Resolution: 0.001A
- Capacity Precision: 0.00W~15.0W
- Protection Temperature Threshold: 100℃
- USB Boost Voltage Converter Conversion efficiency: 94%
- Working current: 30mA
- Short Circuit Protection: Yes
- Anti-backflow Protection: Yes
- Over-Current Protection: Yes
- Over-Voltage Protection: Yes
- Over-Power Protection: Yes
- Working Temperature range: -20℃~85℃
- Working Humidity Range: 0%-95%RH
- Size: 100.5*40*19.5mm
Fast Charge Deception Function:
- USB Boost Voltage Converter supports intelligent fast charge deception function to solve the problem of insufficient power supply of USB input port.
- Support mainstream fast charging protocol: QC2.0, QC3.0, AFC, FCP, SCP.
- User can choose not to deception or automatically choose the deception mode.
- Keep press button TRIG for 2 second enter into fast charging protocol select interface. Screen will display fast charging protocol.
- Short press button TRIG to select fast charging protocol.
- Short press button ON/OFF or SELECT to trigger fast charging protocol. It will display OK and FC indicator turn ON if the triggering is successful. Otherwise display Err and FC indicator turn OFF.
- Keep press button TRIG for 2 second again to save and exit set mode. Module will remember this select.
- User can select the AUTO mode and the module automatically selects the deception protocol if user don’t know which protocol the charger supported.
- User can choose the OFF mode if user no need fast charge deception function.
- Long press means need keep press for more than 3 second.
- ON/OFF Button: Short press is used to turn ON or OFF output voltage at display mode or trigger charge deception function at fast charge protocol selection mode. Long press is used to set default ON or OFF for next re-power at display mode.
- SW Button: Short press to switch display output voltage and output current or trigger charge deception function at fast charge protocol selection mode. Long press is used to switch display output current, output power and capacity statistics.
- TRIG Button: Short press to select fast charging protocol. Long press to enter or exit the fast charge protocol selection interface.
- CV Potentiometer: Adjust output voltage. Increase the output voltage when rotating clockwise. Please rotate the CV potentiometer 10 turns in counterclockwise if the output voltage cannot be adjusted.
- CC Potentiometer: Adjust output current. Increase the output current when rotating clockwise. Note: It is not keeping a fixed output current. When the load current reaches the set current value, the module starts to fix output this current value. Short circuit output terminal when adjust output current.
- ON LED: Green Output indicator. It will turn ON when there is a output at output terminal. Otherwise it is OFF.
- CC LED: Red Constant current output indicator. It enters the constant current state when the load current reaches the set current and CC constant current indicator turns ON.
- FC LED: Blue Fast charge deceiving indicator. Fast charge protocol after the successful deception.
Input terminal: There are four input methods:
- Method 1:Standard Type A USB Male. It just can input DC 5V.
- Method 2: Micro USB Female. It just can input DC 5V.
- Method 3: Type-C USB Female. It just can input DC 5V.
- Method 4: Pads input DC 4.0V-13.0V.
- It can only choose one input method.
- Output terminal: KF-301-2P 5.08mm blue terminal. It can output DC 1.0V-30.0V.
- Over-Voltage Protection: Module will turn OFF output voltage automatically if output voltage is more than 30.5V.
- Over-Current Protection: Module will turn OFF output automatically if output current is more than 2A.
- Over-Power Protection: Module will turn OFF output automatically if output power is more than 15W. It will display ‘OPP’. User need reduce load power and then press ‘ON/OFF’ button.
- Current error: Large display error when output current is less than 0.05A. It can’t display output current if current is 10~40mA.
- Over Temperature Protection: Module will turn OFF output automatically if temperature is more then 100℃. It will display ‘OTP’.
- User need reduce load power and then press ‘ON/OFF’ button.
USB Boost Voltage Converter Using Steps:
As a ordinary step down power module:
- Connect right input voltage at input terminal
- Adjust CV constant voltage potentiometer to set output voltage according to require. Rotate CV potentiometer counterclockwise more than 10 turns if the output voltage can’t be adjusted.
- Rotate CC potentiometer counterclockwise more than 10 turns at first.
- Short circuit between OUT+ and OUT-(Connect both by wire).Or test Output short circuit current by multimeter at 10A or 20A(Connect two Test Probes to output terminal on module).Or Short circuit output terminal directly.
- Rotate CC constant current potentiometer clockwise to set output current according to require over-current protection value.
- Test and using(E.g: Module’s maximum output current is 1A if display 1A on multimeter. Red LED indicator will turn on if output reach to 1A. Otherwise LED is OFF.)
- The output voltage will decrease due to the current sampling resistor at the output. The higher the current, the more the voltage is reduced.
- Output current can’t keep fix value output. It changes with load. But It can’t exceed set output current value.
USB Boost Voltage Converter Use As a Charger:
- Tops: Power supply module can’t be used as charger module if it does not support constant current function. The voltage difference between the battery with insufficient voltage and the charger is very large. Causes excessive charging current even damage the battery. So it need keep charging in constant current mode to reaching a certain level. Then automatically switch back to constant voltage charging.
- Make sure floating charge voltage and charge current for battery. If the lithium battery’s parameter is 3.7V/2200mAh, then the float charge voltage is 4.2V, and the maximum charging current is 1C, which is 2200mA.
- Connect right input voltage at input terminal. (Note: Please don’t connect load during set parameter).
- Short circuit between OUT+ and OUT-(Connect both by wire). Or test output voltage by multimeter and adjust CV potentiometer to make sure output voltage reach to require floating charge voltage. (If charge a 3.7V lithium battery, adjust the output voltage to 4.2V). Or Short circuit output terminal directly.
- Rotate CC potentiometer counterclockwise more than 10 turns at first.
- Test Output short circuit current by multimeter at 10A or 20A(Connect two Test Probes to output terminal on module)
- Rotate CC constant current potentiometer clockwise to set output current according to require charge current value.
- Connect battery at output terminal and start to charging.
As a high power LED constant current driver:
- Make sure LED working current and maximum working voltage.
- Connect right input voltage at input terminal.(Note: Please don’t connect load during set parameter).
- Short circuit between OUT+ and OUT-(Connect both by wire). Or test output voltage by multimeter at output terminal and adjust CV potentiometer to set output voltage to LED’s maximum working voltage.
- Rotate CC potentiometer counterclockwise more than 10 turns.
- Test Output short circuit current by multimeter at 10A or 20A(Connect two Test Probes to output terminal on module)Or Short circuit output terminal directly.
- Rotate CC constant current potentiometer clockwise to set output current according to require LED working current.
- Connect LED and test.
- USB Boost Voltage Converter is a DC power module, so DO NOT connect to AC power.
- Please don’t short outputs of USB Boost Voltage Converter.
- Please make sure input power is more than load power.
- Please step down output power if module is hot.
- Rotate CV potentiometer counterclockwise more than 10 turns if the output voltage can’t be adjusted.
- Output current can’t keep fix value output. It changes with load. But it can’t exceed set output current value.
- There is a protective film on the surface of the shell. It is recommended to tear it off for a clearer effect.
- Please read user manual and description before use.
USB Boost Voltage Converter Application:
- Ordinary power supply
- Battery charger
- LED drive power
- Instrument voltage display
- Test meter
- Circuit test
- Power conversion
- Fan governor
Colloidal Silver Water:
- Ideal Colloidal Silver Making Settings ( 27v and 10mA should be right with 1ml drop of electrolyte in 1000 ml distilled water.)
- 1 * USB Boost Voltage Converter CV CC ZK-DP3A (Top and bottom red covers come disassembled – easy to assemble with included screws)
Q & A
Question: Does the USB Boost Voltage Converter USB in ports support data passing through to the usb out ports?
Answer: Not supported, it is a power converter and does not support data communication
Question: Where can I get the user manual for the USB Boost Voltage Converter? Is there a link to the manual? I received no manual in my package.
Answer: For detailed instructions, see the link: http://attach01.oss-us-west-1.aliyuncs.com/IC/Datasheet/13452.pdf
Question: Can I use the USB Boost Voltage Converter to charge a laptop (voltage on most laptops is ~19v)?
Answer: Yes, but its maximum output power is 15W, and the charging speed may be slower
Question: Does the usb c port with usb pd, or is just a simple usb c port?
Answer: It has multiple inputs a male USB port, female micro usb and then a pos and negative clamp on the other side.
Question: Can the USB Boost Voltage Converter take an input of 5v 2.1a and output 30v 2.5a, and is the set output stable?
Answer: No.. If we assume 100% efficiency for conversion, 2.1 Amps at 5 Volts would give you only 0.35 Amps at 30 Volts, more realistically it would be much less than that since the conversion will not be 100% efficient
Question: What quick charge protocol does the product support?
Answer: It supports quick charge protocol for QC2.0, QC3.0, AFC, FCP, SCP.
Question: Can the usb ‘a’ and micro usb input be used at the same time to increase current output?
Answer: It is a voltage adjuster