(as of Dec 06,2021 08:48:59 UTC )
The Complete Sea Kayakers Handbook, Second Edition
“…Her writing is clear and concise, sprinkled with bits of humor and many tips gleamed from her years working as a kayak instructor, guide and outfitter.”
—Sea Kayaker Magazine
The first edition of The Complete Sea Kayaker’s Handbook received immediate acclaim with its selection as the Best Outdoor Instructional Book by the National Outdoor Book Award group. Now this book boasts 352 pages with changes throughout to reflect the growth of kayaking as a sport. This book is your first step to adventure on the water, with everything you need to know, from buying a kayak to dressing for the water.
- New photos throughout showing new boats, equipment, stretching, and repair techniques
- A new section on used boats and how to shop for them
- Expanded sections on: boat materials section to include the newer laminates; buying a new kayak; use of GPS for navigation; family paddling; Planning Your Dream Trip; Taking Care of Your Stuff to include more retrofit and repair information on a wider range of boat and paddle material
- Improvements in materials and more data on hypothermia;
- Changes in safety technique descriptions reflecting the new equipment on the market
- information on stretching, proper posture in a kayak, and easy modifications to kayak seats for more comfortable paddling
Topics include: Getting Ready; Kayaks; Accessories and Clothing; Getting to Know Your Kayak; Controlling Your Kayak; Getting Into and Out of the Water; Real Life Paddling; Finding Your Way: Kayak Navigation; Trip Logistics; Group safety; Kayak Camping; Planning Your Dream Trip; Taking Care of Your Stuff
Publisher:International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press; 2nd edition (February 9, 2011)
Item Weight:1.34 pounds
Dimensions:7.3 x 0.57 x 9.3 inches
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Books are subject to AMAZON.com Shipping and Return Policy.