(as of Oct 27,2021 13:59:50 UTC )
Social Science: An Introduction to the Study of Society
Now in its seventeenth edition, Social Science: An Introduction to the Study of Society approaches its study from a common-sense perspective, rather than a formalistic perspective more common in social science. Readers will see how seemingly diverse disciplines intermingle and connect to one another – anthropology and economics, for example. The goal of the book is to teach students critical thinking and problem-solving skills that will allow them to approach social issues in an objective and informed way.
New to this edition are significant updates on:
- The election of Donald Trump and the emergence of related populist movements
- Trade policy and health care
- Issues involving migration and immigration
- Emerging developments in artificial intelligence
- Comparisons between cultural and biological evolution
- Examples, data, recommended readings, and internet questions
Publisher:Routledge; 17th edition (March 27, 2019)
Item Weight:2.28 pounds
Dimensions:8 x 1.14 x 10 inches
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Books are subject to AMAZON.com Shipping and Return Policy.