(as of Dec 03,2021 23:09:55 UTC )
Beginning Beekeeping: Everything You Need to Make Your Hive Thrive!
Learn everything you need to know to start your colony with this straightforward, highly visual guide for beginning beekeepers.
Featuring more than 120 color photos, Beginning Beekeeping will teach any beginner how to foster and maintain healthy, vibrant colonies. You’ll learn how to set up a colony and attract bees, how to incorporate best practices and techniques for keeping colonies strong, and how to troubleshoot and treat a broad range of common hive issues. Along the way, you’ll learn how to harvest your honey and keep your bees healthy and happy.
Included in Beginning Beekeeping:
· Practical information on how a hive works, how and where to set up hives for maximum success, buying and installing bees, feeding bees, and more, with recommendations for both urban and rural settings
· Effective treatment recommendations for dealing with common hive pests and diseases including mites, foulbrood, and colony collapse disorder (CCD), with recommendations for both conventional and organic treatments
· Tips for dealing with common hive issues such as swarming, robbing, absconding, as well as guidance for managing aggressive hives and tips for keeping a queenright colony
· Instructions for enjoying rich, bountiful honey harvests, and instructions for processing and storing the honey and wax from your hives, as well how to make products from your harvest
· Seasonal guidance to ensure your hives return healthy and strong each and every year
If you’re new to beekeeping, Beginning Beekeeping is the perfect companion to get you started!
From the Publisher
Learn about the art of beekeeping!
Beginning Beekeeping is the most visual, step-by-step book on the market, and the only book you’ll need to get started with beekeeping. With simple, step-by-step instructions and beautiful photography throughout, you’ll learn everything you need to know to start your colony, keep it healthy and happy, and enjoy a rich and bountiful honey harvest. From attracting bees to your hives; to combating common hive pests and diseases; to harvesting, storing, and enjoying the honey and wax from these precious creatures, Beginning Beekeeping has everything you need to begin enjoying this wild and wonderful craft.
You’ll learn all about bees, the roles they play in the hive, how they communicate, and what they eat. You’ll also learn how the queen rules the colony, and how she’s essential to keeping the hive healthy and happy.
Managing the Colony
Expert tips and techniques for attracting bees to your hives and keeping them there, as well as proven techniques for fostering healthy, thriving colonies that resist disease and pests and also produce bountiful harvests.
It’s time to enjoy your harvest: From setting up an extraction space to safely extracting and filtering honey and wax from your hives, you’ll keep your bees safe and also maximize the fruits of your (and your bees’) labor.
Everything you need to know to treat common hive problems like mites and beetles, as well as common brood diseases. You’ll learn how to manage common queen issues, rein in aggressive hives, and deal with other hive problems such as robbing and absconding.
Publisher:Alpha; Illustrated edition (March 14, 2017)
Item Weight:1.18 pounds
Dimensions:7.75 x 0.49 x 9.21 inches
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Books are subject to AMAZON.com Shipping and Return Policy.