(as of Oct 27,2021 00:22:12 UTC )
An Introduction to Derivative Securities, Financial Markets, and Risk Management: 2nd Edition
With its economics perspective, this rewritten and streamlined second edition textbook, is closely connected to real markets, and:
- Shows how macroeconomic forces have shaped the markets
- Explains the major derivative pricing models using algebra and introductory calculus
- Shows students how to implement these models using basic statistics and elementary Excel spreadsheet skills
- Discusses the uses of derivatives while warning against their abuses
- Presents hard-to-teach interest rate derivatives in an intuitive manner
Presents the Heath Jarrow Morton model, which is the most advanced derivatives pricing model, in an accessible manner by presenting it side-by-side with classical option pricing theory
Beginning at a level that is comfortable to lower division college students, the book gradually develops the content so that its lessons can be profitably used by business majors, arts, science, and engineering graduates as well as MBAs who would work in the finance industry. Supplementary materials are available to instructors who adopt this textbook for their courses. These include:
- Solutions Manual with detailed solutions to nearly 500 end-of-chapter questions and problems
- PowerPoint slides and a Test Bank for adopters
- PRICED! In line with current teaching trends, we have woven spreadsheet applications throughout the text. Our aim is for students to achieve self-sufficiency so that they can generate all the models and graphs in this book via a spreadsheet software, Priced!
Readership: Undergraduate and graduate students of economics, business, arts, science and engineering, and MBAs who would work in the finance industry.
Publisher:World Scientific US; 2nd edition (July 9, 2019)
Item Weight:2.8 pounds
Dimensions:8.1 x 0.9 x 9.9 inches
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Books are subject to AMAZON.com Shipping and Return Policy.