Moringa Oil Benefits [Science Proved]
Moringa oil is known for its beneficial qualities for health and skincare. It is usually used to cleanse and moisturize the skin and hair.
The moringa, or horseradish tree, is part of the Moringaceae family, typical of tropical and subtropical climates and includes 13 species. The best known is Moringa oleifera, originally from India and from which the oil is extracted.
You can find this product in other forms, such as powder, pills, pulverized leaves or seeds. Find out about moringa oil, how it is extracted and used, as well as its benefits and side effects.
What is moringa oil? 00:51
Moringa oil is extracted from the seeds of the Moringa oleifera tree. The plant is native to Kerala, a state located in the extreme south of India.
A feature of this species is that it can be exploited in all its parts (seeds, roots, bark, flowers and leaves), and is widely used in various fields: cooking, cosmetics or medicine. This is why it is also known as the “miracle plant” or “tree of life”.
Its oil is produced in the form of essential and cooking oil and is present among the ingredients of many cosmetic products for skin and hair care.
How do you get it? 01:30
As anticipated, moringa oil is extracted from the seeds. Inside the pod that protects the core is about 40% oil.
The most common method of extracting it is based on squeezing the seeds with a rocker press. Cold pressing allows obtaining oil of decidedly higher quality, even if in smaller quantities.
Some manufacturers choose to heat the seeds or use special solvents to extract as much oil as possible. This practice makes it possible to increase the quantities of oil extracted by up to 50% while decreasing the quality of the final product. For best results, cold pressing is recommended.
It is curious to know that an average of 500 moringa seeds (about 35 pods) are needed to obtain 29.6 ml of cold-pressed oil, which explains why this oil is so expensive.
How can moringa oil be used? 02:26
The uses of moringa oil date back to ancient times, when it was used as a natural remedy and ingredient for topical cosmetics. Today some ancient uses have been kept, but many more have been added:
• The perfume industries use it as a cleaning, moisturizing and lubricating agent due to its high oleic acid content (monounsaturated fatty acid belonging to the omega-9 family).
• It is considered an economical and nutritious substitute for more expensive oils for the food and gastronomic industry, as it is rich in proteins and oleic acid.
• It is also used by the renewable energy industry, according to a study published in Bioresource Technology, which demonstrated its use as a biofuel or biodiesel. A real alternative to oil.
What are the benefits of moringa oil? 03:20
Moringa oleifera seeds are a source of chemical compounds (monounsaturated fats, proteins and sterols, among others) that are beneficial for health. Let’s see in detail the benefits of this plant.
Health and cooking:
When it comes to overall health, moringa oil can offer the following benefits:
• Regulates cholesterol levels: According to research published in Nutrients, the sterols present in the edible oil of moringa can lower the levels of bad LDL cholesterol.
• It is a source of antioxidants: this oil has a high content of β-sitosterol, a phytosterol found naturally in plants and with antioxidant and anti-diabetic properties. More research is needed in this regard.
• It has anti-inflammatory properties: the active compounds present in moringa oil (tocopherols, catechins, quercetins, ferulic acid and zeatin) provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties both when applied topically and when taken orally. For this reason, it is believed that it can also be effective against acne.
Skincare and beauty:
The main benefits for our skin are:
• Moisturizes: Moringa oil is considered an effective and ideal moisturizer for dry and sensitive skin. In fact, it contains 40% monounsaturated fats and 70% oleic acid, both aimed at strengthening the skin barrier, whose task is to avoid water loss and protect against external agents.
• Cleanses: Thanks to its high oleic acid content, moringa oil can be used as a facial cleanser.
• Possible anti-aging effects: this oil is ideal for filling small wrinkles and obtaining radiant and healthy skin; however, make sure you buy a fresh product with low amounts of free oleic acid.
• It has healing and healing properties:
• Fights and eliminates acne marks:
• Essential oil:
What are the other uses of moringa? 05:55
Side effects of moringa oil: 06:19
What to remember about this special oil? 06:46
Subscribe to Channel:
This video by Well & Wise was liked: 131 times
If you like this video by Well & Wise, please support their CHANNEL by clicking on the SOURCE link below and Subscribe.
Featuring Your Videos:
By featuring your videos on our blog, your videos will receive hundreds of views daily from our website visitors, you get a backlink to your channel for followers to subscribe to your channel. This is a win/win for SEO for both of us. If you would like your videos or channel highlighted and premiered on our blog for FREE, please contact us.
However, if you no longer want us to premier your channel, and want us to remove your video and not feature your channel anymore, please contact us.
Video Post Disclaimer:
The information contained in the multimedia content (“Video Content”) or post content in general, represents the views and opinions of the original creators of such Video Content or post, and does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Sadoun.com. The mere appearance of Video Content or the post on the Site does not constitute an endorsement by Sadoun.com or its affiliates of such Video or Post Content.
The Video Content or Post has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. Sadoun.com does not make any representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness, or completeness of the Video or Post Content. Sadoun.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any sites listed or linked to in any Video Content or Post.
This post and description may also contain some affiliate links, which means that the post creator may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you click on some of the product links and decide to make a purchase. This channel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
If you find any of your copyrighted material in this post or video, please contact us, so we can resolve the issue.
All rights reserved by respective owners.