Dish Network Setup Guide Installation Overview: The manual is organized into steps that need to be performed in the order presented. This is a generic satellite dish installation guide. Instructions for new style dishes may have been changed. Please consult with your service provider or dish supplier about an up to date dish installation manual. Instructions here are for general purpose only and not meant for a specific dish model.
Preparing for Installation
- Complete a General Site Survey – Visually survey your location to make sure it is suitable.
- Obtain Dish Pointing Coordinates – Use the on-screen menu system to obtain the exact coordinates (azimuth and elevation) for pointing the dish. Directions for using on-screen menus can be found in your receiver manual.
- Select the Precise Mounting Site – Use the dish pointing coordinates to conduct a precise site survey to determine the exact mounting site.
- Estimate Cable Requirements – Based on your mounting site, you will decide where you want the cable to enter your house, and measure how many feet of cables you need to complete the connection.
- Begin Dish Assembly – Attach the reflector to the support arm so that you can preset the correct elevation.
- Set the Elevation on Dish – This is an important step. Making sure that your elevation setting is correct will help you to more easily obtain the signal later on. Mounting the Mast
- Mount the Mast – Step-by-Step mounting instructions for each mounting option. Completing the Final Installation • Level the Mast – The mast must be level to obtain the signal.
- Complete the Dish Assembly – Place the dish on the mast and connect the RG-6 coaxial cable to the LNB, and attach the LNB to the support arm.
- Route the Cables to the Grounding Block – Attach a grounding block to the house and route the cables from the dish to the grounding block. Also, route grounding wire from the grounding block to the central building ground.
- Run the Cables from Grounding Block into the House – Run the RG-6 cable from the grounding block into the house and to the back of the receiver.
- Make the Final Connections to the Receiver – Connect the RG-6 to the satellite input on the receiver, and make the phone line connection.
- Acquire and Fine-Tune the Satellite Signal – Use the on-screen signal meter to check for a signal. Once the signal is obtained, adjust dish pointing to achieve maximum signal strength for your location.
- Order Satellite Programming – Call the service providers to order satellite programming.
Dish Network Setup Guide Download
- Download complete guide here: dish-installation
General Informational and Instructional Links:
- What satellite TV system I can use to view the free to air FTA channels?
- All FTA Ku-band channels in English available in USA
- Free To Air Satellite TV Channels List
- Worldwide Free-To-Air Satellite Channels
- Satellites List North South America Atlantic
- Look-up Latitude and Longitude – USA
- Channels FTA Free To Air Satellite TV
- What is the Satellite Antenna Dish size required or recommended?
- Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule
- Finding a Professional Installer in your area in USA
- General Satellite Dish Antenna Installation Instructions
- Installing a Motorized Satellite System with an HH-Mount Motor, DiSEqC & USALS Compatible Motors