What Free To Air Satellite TV System I can use to view the FTA channels?.
To watch the free to air channels, you will need to buy a Free To Air Satellite TV System. There are two main options for you:
KU Band Only Satellite System:
This system will allow you to receive the KU band channels only. A 31″ dish minimum is required.
Allows you to received channels from one satellite only (one orbital location). Since most of the free to air ethnic channels are on one satellite (i.e. Galaxy 19 at 97W), a stationary system should be just fine. On Galaxy 19 there are over 100 free to air channels from several countries. The system is easy to setup and should not take you more than 2 hrs to get installed.
If you are a satellite enthusiast and want to receive more channels, then a motorized FTA satellite system is the way to go. The motorized system includes a motor that allows you to move the dish East/West to track more satellites. The motorized system is little more challenging to install as it takes more accuracy to align the dish.We have prepared a help page on installing a motorized system which is a must read if you don’t have experience in this.
This system will allow you to receive the KU and C band channels. A minimum 6′ motorized satellite dish is required. [More info.]
These free to air channels are samples of the free-to-air (clear and un-encrypted) channels available on North American satellites today. Some of the channels may require a dish bigger than 30″ and/or an HH Motor.
We don’t claim or guarantee that these channels will remain free to air for any period of time. Some of these channels may go off the air at some point or become encrypted and new channels may show up. We are not affiliated with or resell programming from any of the channels above. The list above reflects what is available to our knowledge.
General Informational and Instructional Links:
- What satellite TV system I can use to view the free to air FTA channels?
- All FTA Ku-band channels in English available in USA
- Free To Air Satellite TV Channels List
- Worldwide Free-To-Air Satellite Channels
- Satellites List North South America Atlantic
- Look-up Latitude and Longitude – USA
- Channels FTA Free To Air Satellite TV
- What is the Satellite Antenna Dish size required or recommended?
- Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule
- Finding a Professional Installer in your area in USA
- General Satellite Dish Antenna Installation Instructions
- Installing a Motorized Satellite System with an HH-Mount Motor, DiSEqC & USALS Compatible Motors