Installation Overview: The manual is organized into steps that need to be performed in the order presented.
Preparing for Installation
- Complete a General Site Survey – Visually survey your location to make sure it is suitable.
- Obtain Dish Pointing Coordinates – Use the on-screen menu system to obtain the exact coordinates (azimuth and elevation) for pointing the dish. Directions for using on-screen menus can be found in your receiver manual.
- Select the Precise Mounting Site – Use the dish pointing coordinates to conduct a precise site survey to determine the exact mounting site.
- Estimate Cable Requirements – Based on your mounting site, you will decide where you want the cable to enter your house, and measure how many feet of cables you need to complete the connection.
- Begin Dish Assembly – Attach the reflector to the support arm so that you can preset the correct elevation.
- Set the Elevation on Dish – This is an important step. Making sure that your elevation setting is correct will help you to more easily obtain the signal later on. Mounting the Mast
- Mount the Mast – Step-by-Step mounting instructions for each mounting option. Completing the Final Installation • Level the Mast – The mast must be level to obtain the signal.
- Complete the Dish Assembly – Place the dish on the mast and connect the RG-6 coaxial cable to the LNB, and attach the LNB to the support arm.
- Route the Cables to the Grounding Block – Attach a grounding block to the house and route the cables from the dish to the grounding block. Also, route grounding wire from the grounding block to the central building ground.
- Run the Cables from Grounding Block into the House – Run the RG-6 cable from the grounding block into the house and to the back of the receiver.
- Make the Final Connections to the Receiver – Connect the RG-6 to the satellite input on the receiver, and make the phone line connection.
- Acquire and Fine-Tune the Satellite Signal – Use the on-screen signal meter to check for a signal. Once the signal is obtained, adjust dish pointing to achieve maximum signal strength for your location.
- Order Satellite Programming – Call the service providers to order satellite programming.
Download complete guide here: dish-installation
General Informational and Instructional Links:
- What satellite TV system I can use to view the free to air FTA channels?
- All FTA Ku-band channels in English available in USA
- Free To Air Satellite TV Channels List
- Worldwide Free-To-Air Satellite Channels
- Satellites List North South America Atlantic
- Look-up Latitude and Longitude – USA
- Channels FTA Free To Air Satellite TV
- What is the Satellite Antenna Dish size required or recommended?
- Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule
- Finding a Professional Installer in your area in USA
- General Satellite Dish Antenna Installation Instructions
- Installing a Motorized Satellite System with an HH-Mount Motor, DiSEqC & USALS Compatible Motors