Dish Alignment Quick Start:
Stationary Dish Instructions:
- Assemble your dish.
- Mount your dish on its mast. Make sure mast is 100% vertical and solid.
- Calculate your Azimuth, Elevation, and LNBF Skew for your location here! Make sure you compensate for magnetic deviation.
- Turn your dish towards the correct Azimuth and hand tighten screws.
- Adjust dish Elevation to correct value and hand tighten screws.
- Mount your LNBF on your dish and tilt the LNBF to compensate for polarization skew. For example, if you are aiming the dish at Galaxy 19 97W:
- In Columbus, OH: LNBF should be turned 16 degrees counter clockwise when facing the dish.
- Los Angeles: 30 degrees clockwise
- New York: 30 degrees counter-clockwise
- Connect your receiver to the LNBF using RG6 coaxial cable. Make sure the receiver is “OFF” when you do that.
- Turn your receiver “ON”
Motorized Dish Instructions:
- Assemble your dish.
- Install your LNBF on your dish. Do not tilt or skew the LNBF
- Find your Latitude and Longitude here
- Follow the instructions on how to setup your motorized system found here.
Receiver Quick Start:
- Select the language you wish to use by highlighting it and pressing OK.
- Press right volume arrow to go to “Installation”.
- Click “OK” on the Antenna Setup option.
- Select the satellite you are tuning into by highlighting it and pressing OK (For example IA5/Ku, or G10R).
- If you are using a Fortec Star LNBF and a Fortec Star dish, DO NOT change any of the default settings for the satellite. Just leave the default settings as follows:
- LNB Type: UNIVERSAL1 (Keep this default value if you are using a Fortec Star LNBF. Otherwise, select STANDARD if you are using a standard LNBF)
- LNB Loc. Freq: 9750/10600 (if you are not using a Fortec Star LNBF, enter 10750)
- 22K Switch: Auto (this is can be used when you have a 22Khz switch connected)
- DiSEqC: OFF (this is only used when you have a DiSEqC switch connected)
- LNB Power: ON
- TP: Use THE DEFAULT value. TIP: Make sure that you use a LIVE transponder when you go to the TP line. To check which transponder frequencies are live, click here and select the satellite.
- Positioner Settings: NONE (only use it when you have a HH Motor connected)
- SATELLITE Scan: FTA
- Now adjust your dish alignment until you see the “Quality” bar appears in GREEN. Note: If you only see the signal bar in BLUE and no quality, that means your dish is receiving a signal, but it is not from the correct satellite. It will always show this signal no matter where you aim your dish. Only when you have a perfect alignment to the desired satellite is when you will see both the Signal and Quality turn GREEN as shown in the pictures above
- Once you have the highest signal strength on the “Quality” bar, scroll down to Satellite Scan and press OK.
- Press OK again when asked to save.
- The channel search will begin.
Congratulations, you just loaded your receiver!
General Informational and Instructional Links:
- What satellite TV system I can use to view the free to air FTA channels?
- All FTA Ku-band channels in English available in USA
- Free To Air Satellite TV Channels List
- Worldwide Free-To-Air Satellite Channels
- Satellites List North South America Atlantic
- Look-up Latitude and Longitude – USA
- Channels FTA Free To Air Satellite TV
- What is the Satellite Antenna Dish size required or recommended?
- Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule
- Finding a Professional Installer in your area in USA
- General Satellite Dish Antenna Installation Instructions
- Installing a Motorized Satellite System with an HH-Mount Motor, DiSEqC & USALS Compatible Motors