||Home > Solar Panels > PWM60W
Sadoun Solar Mono-Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Solar Power Module
Wholesale Pricing available to dealer and distributors. Contact us today!
Solar panels are one of the basic components of any photovoltaic system. But panels themselves are only a part of what it takes to run a PV system. In order to succeed, you will need several other components as well as a realistic assessment of your energy goals and current usage.
Your current usage is probably the single most important fact to bring into the discussion of obtaining solar power. Knowing what you use will allow you to accurately assess how many solar panels it would take to meet part or all of that usage. Looking at your current usage also gives you a great idea of what steps you can take to reduce your power consumption.
In addition to solar panels, a good PV system includes an inverter, Charger Controller, battery storage/backup, and possibly a grid tie-in. An inverter is necessary because your panels produce direct current (DC), while your home uses alternating current (AC). It is important to remember that the conversion from DC to AC does take a voltage hit, so you will need to budget extra power to ensure that enough is left after the transfer to meet your needs.
Battery backup allows you to run off of solar power even when the sun is down. Studies have shown that peak power usage lasts from about 6pm to midnight in most areas. This is when everyone gets home, turns on the TV, the oven, lights, what have you. For most of the year, half of the 6-12 timeframe is too dark to produce meaningful power. To get around this, solar systems can store excess power they produce in batteries and then use that power once it is needed.
The PWM60W offers you a quiet, clean, carbon-free energy alternative. Capable of converting virtually unlimited solar energy into clean, green, most importantly, free electricity.
This solar panel is made of high efficiency mono-crystalline solar cells embedded in transparent vinyl acetate behind tempered glass with heavy back sheet ensuring maintenance free performance.
Unlike amorphous solar panels, which only last about 5-7 years of continuous use, mono-crystalline solar panels can still retain over 80% of efficiency even after 25 years of continuous use. Also, the mono-crystalline panels are much more efficient and thus smaller in size while producing higher wattage.
Regular $299.00 Each Panel
Factory packed two panels per shipping box
Box Gross Weight: 15 KG (33 lbs)
Box Dim: 33" x 23" x 3"
Installation Manual (PDF)
- Blocking Diode Protected
- Type of cell used is grade A monocrystalline silicon
- Tempered glass, EVA lamination, and weatherproofed
- Charges 2,6,12,24-Volt batteries (with optional Charger Controller)
These panels are perfect for:
- Grid tie systems
- Recreational vehicles
- Telecom equipment
- Battery charging systems
- Building integrated power system
- Remote power systems
- Pumping systems for irrigation, rural water supplies and livestock watering
- Aviation obstruction lights
- Cathodic protection systems
- Desalination systems
- Railroad signals
- Sailboat charging systems
- Microwave / Radio repeater stations
- Electrification of villages in remote areas
- Medical facilities in rural areas
- Power source for summer vacation homes
- Emergency communication systems
- Water quality and environmental data monitoring systems
- Navigation lighthouses, and ocean buoys.
These panels went through the following Quality tests:
- Thermal shock test
- Thermal/freezing and high humidity cycling test
- Electrical isolation test
- Hail impact test
- Mechanical, wind and twist loading test
- Salt mist test
- Light and water-exposure test
- Field exposure test
- Factory is ISO 9001certified
- Made in China
|Nominal Peak Power [Pmax] +/- 3%
|Maximum Power Voltage [Vmp]
|Maximum Power Current [Imp]
|Short-Circuit Current [Isc]
|Open-Circuit Voltage [Voc]
|Optimized Cell Efficiency
||-40C to 85C
|Maximum System Voltage
|Temperature & Coefficients
|Current Temperature Coefficient
|Voltage Temperature Coefficient
||- (78 +/- 10)
|Power Temperature Coefficient
||-(0.5 +/- 0.05)
|Number of Cell & Type of Connection
||24 Serial Connection
||Length: 800 mm 31.5"
||Width: 550 mm 21.6"
||Height: 35mm 1.38"
||5.5 Kg 2.5 lbs
|Guaranteed Power Output
||15 Years: 90% of its nominal power rating
||25 Years: 80% of its nominal power rating
5 Years Limited Manufacturer Warranty
Replacement of Defective parts. Labor excluded.
||CE, ISO 9001
Solar Panels General Installation Instructions
- Installing solar photovoltaic systems may require specialized skills and knowledge.
- Installation should be performed only by qualified persons.
- If panel is installed by non-qualified installers, then warranty is void.
- Each module comes with a permanently attached junction box and #12AWG wire terminated in connectors. Fitted cables can be provided to customers for ease of installation if desired.
- Installers should assume the risk of all injury that might occur during installation, including, without limitation, the risk of electric shock.
- One individual module may generate DC voltages greater than 30 volts when exposed to direct sunlight. Contact with a DC voltage of 30V or more is potentially hazardous.
- Do not disconnect under load.
- Photovoltaic solar modules change light energy to direct-current electrical energy. They are designed for outdoor use.
- Modules may be ground mounted, mounted on rooftops, vehicles or boats. Proper design of support structures is responsibility of the system designers and installers. Use of mounting holes is suggested in a following paragraph.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the modules, and do not remove any attached nameplates or components from the modules.
- Do not apply paint or adhesive to module top surface.
- Do not use mirrors or other magnifiers to artificially concentrate sunlight on the modules. Do not expose backsheet foils directly to sunlight.
- When installing the system, abide with all local, regional and national statutory regulations. Obtain a building permit where necessary.
Safety precaution for installing a solar photovoltaic system
- Solar modules produce electrical energy when light shines on their front surface. The DC voltage may exceed 30V. If modules are connected in series, the total voltage is equal to the sum of the individual module voltages. If modules are connected in parallel, the total current is equal to the sum of individual module currents.
- Keep children well away from the system while transporting and installing mechanical and electrical components.
- Completely cover the module with an opaque material during installation to keep electricity from being generated.
- Do not wear metallic rings, watchbands, ear, nose, lip rings or other metallic devices while installing or troubleshooting photovoltaic systems.
- Use only insulated tools that are approved for working on electrical installations.
- Abide with the safety regulations for all other components used in the system, including wiring and cables, connectors, charging regulators, inverters, storage batteries and rechargeable batteries, etc.
- Use only equipment, connectors, wiring and support frames suitable for a solar electric system. Always use the same type of module within a particular photovoltaic system.
- The electrical characteristics are within ±10 percent of the indicated values of Isc, Voc, and Pmax under standard test conditions (irradiance of 100mW/c㎡, AM 1.5 spectrums, and a cell temperature of 25°C (77°F))
- Under normal outdoor conditions the module will produce current and voltages that are different than those listed in the date sheet. Data sheet values are values expected at standard test conditions. Accordingly, during system design, values of short-circuit current and open-circuit voltage should be multiplied by a factor of 1.25 when determining component voltage ratings, conductor ampacity, fuse ratings and size of controls connected to the modules or system output.
- Refer to section 690-8 of the National Electrical Code for an additional multiplying factor of 125 percent (80 Percent derating) which may be applicable.
Solar Panels Product identification
Each Sadoun Solar Panel module has two labels on its rear side providing the following information:
- Nameplate: describes the product type; rated power, rated current, rated voltage, open circuit voltage, short circuit current, all as measured under standard test conditions; weight, dimension etc. The maximum system voltage for UL listed modules is 600 volts DC and is shown on the nameplate. Maximum fuse rating is also shown.
- Bar code: each individual module has a unique serial number. It is permanently attached to the interior of the module visible when viewing from the front of the module. This bar code is inserted at the beginning of laminating.
Linear Actuator Trackers