With the addition of a digital MPEG-2/DVB receiver as a slave, you could still utilize your existing movable C / Ku band dish and analog receiver system or 4Dtv IRD. As the master receiver, the analog receiver is used for the reception of analog C and Ku band programming, and also to position the antenna and select the correct polarization of the feed horn. The digital DVB channels will be viewed using the DVB receiver.
Most MPEG-2/DVB receivers have one LNB input, so you will need the kit to switch C or Ku feed from your dish. All digital receivers sold here offer DiSEqC, 0-12V, and 22Khz Tone switching control output.
The BUD KIT II slave kit includes the followin:
- Connect the C band coax from dish to one splitter input
- Connect the Ku band coax from dish to the second splitter input.
- Connect both DC pass outputs from the splitters to the C and Ku LNB inputs on your old analog / 4DTV receiver.
- Connect the other two remaining outputs from splitters to the input 1 & 2 on the DiSEqC switch. Port 3 & 4 are available if you want to add another dish(s).
- The single output from DiSEqC switch goes directly to the DVB receiver LNB (IF) input.
LNB switch setup:
If you are using a DiSEqC switch:
||Ku Band |
|LO. Freq. low